“Stress relief isn’t optional anymore; it is a necessity.” This quote was made by Cassandra Bodzak, a holistic lifestyle expert, meditation, and wellness teacher and TV personality. Consider creating a foundational support system for your life with these natural stress relief ideas.
They are all-natural remedies and would require the intake of synthetic drugs into your system. Buckle up and follow me down this lane as I list out easy but effective natural stress relief. You don’t want to visit the hospital because of stress-related health issues when you can take care of them.
1. Stop eating stress-inducing foods
What we fuel our bodies within the morning enables or disables our interactions during the day. “If you eat inflammatory foods every day and your body is consistently low in the essential nutrients it needs, then it’s only a matter of time until the stress wins out and something in your body breaks,” says Peter Glidden, ND.
According to Bodzak, if you grab a bagel or croissant at Starbucks for breakfast, check how your body would feel by 10:00 am. Then try taking a smoothie the next day or scrambled tofu with veggies or a coconut yogurt parfait and notice how you feel at 10:00 am. You will be surprised how much you can see the difference.
Certain foods heighten stress while others reduce stress it. In general, good-quality fats such as coconut, avocado, and salmon are calming because they support nerve function. Certain foods also help in maintaining mood balance. These foods include nuts, seeds, tofu, cheese, red meat, chicken, turkey, fish, beans, lentils, and eggs.
2. Move More
Movement aids in the reduction of stress but yoga which like meditation, is a mind-body practice that contributes to reducing stress levels and boosting immune function. If it is possible, take your yoga mat outside.
Doing exercise outside has a way of helping because of the incredibly soothing effect that the natural world has on the human brain. Walking barefoot on dirt or sand for a few minutes is also beneficial, Kane notes. This is because you get connected to the earth’s natural energy charge. This process is called “earthing” or “grounding,” the practice contributes to vibrant health.
3. Make face-to-face connections
Strengthening our face-to-face social connections is a significant way of reducing stress. It creates a calm environment by eliminating clutter and minimizing distractions such as having the TV news on in the background. You should also give yourself some down time to enjoy favorite activities such as listening to music, writing a poem or going to a movie.
All these must look wholly detached to you, but they are the same thing. It is like two sides of the same coin. You need to acclimate these practices and watch stress take a leave. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.
4. Herbs for natural stress relief
This will be subdivided listing the herbs that you can use that will aid in natural stress relief. Each one of the herbs are unique in look but functions to reduce the building stress in your system. The general name for this class of plants is Adaptogens. They have adaptive properties which mean they respond and adapt well to stressful environmental conditions making them harder and stronger.
Fortunately, these plants have the same effect on us. The following adaptogens will help improve your stress response and mitigate the harmful impact stress has on your immune system.
- Ashwagandha – These plants are often used to relieve anxiety and fatigue and to help balance the immune system by reducing your cortisol levels. During a study with 64 people with a history of chronic stress, those taking Ashwagandha twice a day for sixty days showed decreased stress-assessment scores.
- Holy Basil – This is used to reduce the effect of stress while improving memory. Recent studies to have shown that it also contributes to a healthy immune response. This is because of its active constituent, eugenol.
- Rhodiola – It can enhance energy, endurance, alertness, and memory while reducing fatigue. Recent findings suggest that Rhodiola boosts NK cell levels which helps improve immune function and produces antiviral immune responses for stress-free protection.
5. Homeopathic remedies for natural stress relief
These remedies have been around for a very long time and have been used to address many ailments including stress anxiety and depression. Even though there is an ongoing debate about the effectiveness of this method, homeopathic therapy has bolstered over the years, and clinical observations have shown that it works for many people. These remedies are either sold individually or in combination. They are known to soothe acute or chronic anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Aconitum napellus: It has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine. The roots produce a substance called aconite that is useful for dealing with insomnia, and panic.
- Gelsemium: It comes from a flowering vine and is particularly useful when addressing stress caused by a specific event. It is also helpful for general nervousness.
- Natrum mariaticum: This is the homeopathic version of simple table salt. It helps with mental strain, anxiety, irritability, and worry.
- Pulsatilla: It serves as an adequate remedy for depressed or sensitive people. It is also used to deal with anxiety that results from hormonal fluctuations and used for anxiety and depression associated with Post Menstrual Stress (PMS).
- Sepia: This is particularly helpful for people who are overwhelmed. It is often recommended for women.
Natural stress relief primarily occurs in your environment. Alter one thing about your day, your routine, or your diet can lead to major growth in the long term. Both the BioScan MSA and BioScan SRT can help promote a healthy lifestyle. Please contact us to learn more on how BioScan can be integrated into your practice.